With A Side of Jess: International Bereaved Mother's Day

Friday, May 3, 2013

International Bereaved Mother's Day





And I really am, though few acknowledge me as such. That's because, unfortunately, my children are angels. I'm an angel mom.

If you've been a reader for very long, I'm sure you've seen many of my posts about miscarriage. If you haven't, all the posts can be found here.

International Bereaved Mothers Day is the Sunday before Mother's Day (that makes it May 5 this year). While I've never necessarily "celebrated" this day, I think it's awesome it even exists. The extent of my celebrating is posting a few pictures, commenting on other's pictures, etc. and this year I'm doing this post.

While I'm somewhat on the topic, I'd like to let everyone know that I'll be trying again this October to spread awareness about miscarriage/pregnancy loss. I'd like to welcome anyone who wants to share stories, pictures, what have you, about their experience(s) with miscarriage/pregnancy loss to shoot me an email. I want to share as many stories as I can in October, but there's plenty of time to think about whether or not you'd like to be part of it this year.

I don't really have much to say on the subject, just that I think it's a great idea to have a day to celebrate all the moms to angels...because they ARE mothers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment