With A Side of Jess: Ritz Crackerfuls - Peanut Butter & Chocolate - Foodie Friday

Friday, July 6, 2012

Ritz Crackerfuls - Peanut Butter & Chocolate - Foodie Friday

So glad to be back on doing Foodie Friday! It's been a rough month or so and I'm finally feeling pretty good. I hope to get back to crafting soon as well, in fact I've been working on a couple of new products I'd like to introduce fairly soon!


There are at least 5 other flavors in the Crackerfuls line, but I believe the peanut butter and chocolate is the newest (at least the box - or a sign near them - said they were a new flavor).

These come in a box of 6 and retail for somewhere between $2 and $3. I was lucky enough to score these on sale for $1.99. Not too shabby. I think we had a coupon too! There is a picture of the ingredients below for those who are interested in that and I'll also have the nutrition info near the bottom of this review as well.

So what exactly are these? The short answer: A combo of yummy peanut butter and a smidge of chocolate smushed between two crackers. Read on for the longer answer!


Sometime not too long ago (within the last 5 years maybe?) Ritz came out with a line of sandwich type cracker snacks called Crackerfuls. From what I had seen previously in stores and what I looked up on their website, most of these were more savory flavors like Garden Vegetable and Sharp Cheddar. More recently they have added at least two flavors on the sweet/salty side: Peanut Butter & Chocolate and Extreme Peanut Butter. Thus far I have only tried the Peanut Butter & Chocolate variety, but the Extreme Peanut Butter looks promising too.

Being the chocoholic that I am, I of course chose to try the Peanut Butter & Chocolate first. I'll be honest, I couldn't really taste the chocolate in this as a flavor. It didn't taste in any way like there may be a bit of chocolate bar hiding in the middle of the peanut butter to me. However, there was a sweetness to the whole thing that I'm sure would not have been there, or been as sweet, had the chocolate not been there. So I mostly think that the choclate adds sweetness as opposed to chocolate flavor. Perhaps if they used a stronger chocolate the results would be different.



Note how the chocolate and peanut butter is spread between the crackers in the picture above. The chocolate is down the center with peanut butter on both sides. You would think that this would ensure a bit of chocolate and a bit of peanut butter in each bite, but really that's not always the case. It completely depends on how you bite into it. I somehow had a couple of bites that were peanut butter only. Both the chocolate and the peanut butter were pretty dry and a bit bland.

The crackers are quite dry, but really would you want a cracker that wasn't dry? I personally think that might be quite gross. But anyhow. I really kind of like these little cracker sandwiches despite the almost over dryness of the crackers. They're tasty and great for an afternoon snack with something like an apple. My only real complaint about them I've addressed above. I wish there was a bit more punch in the peanut butter and chocolate flavors. Perhaps more of a Jif and Hershey's type of combo, or even Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or something of that like.

Would I buy them again? Yes. In fact I have bought them again since I originally purchased them over a week ago. My dad loves them, which is saying something for a man who hates chocolate, so they might end up on the shopping list more often than not.

Ingredients:


Nutrition info:
Serving size: 1 pack
Servings per container: 6

  • Calories: 140
    • Calories from fat: 60
  • Total fat: 6g
    • Saturated fat: 2g
    • Trans fat: 0g
    • Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
    • Monounsaturated fat: 2g
  •  Cholesterol: 0mg
  • Sodium: 160mg
  • Potassium 75mg
  • Total carbohydrate: 18g
    • Dietary fiber: 2g
    • Sugars: 5g
  • Protein: 2g
  • Vitamin A: 0%
  • Vitamin C: 0%
  • Calcium: 4%
  • Iron: 6%




No comments:

Post a Comment