With A Side of Jess: New Cards This Week

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New Cards This Week

I'm not going to lie, I've been a slacker lately. I LOVE the creative process of making things but when it comes to listing them on Etsy, I slack. I'd much rather focus my energy on creating than photographing and listing when I'm in "the zone."

But alas, I've actually gotten 3 out of 15 new cards listed! I loved making all of these cards. The process I used was so different from my usual creative process. It was also so much easier.

What did I do different? I started each day by choosing  3 or 4 coordinating papers - solids and prints - and a piece of white for a bit more room to play. Then I sat down with a sketch book of sorts I had started and went to town. Several of the sketches I got from other places online and some I got by deconstructing cards I found that I liked. I've come to realize that a lot of the cards I like could easily be recreated in many different ways by using the basic structure/layout of the card and changing up the details.

But enough about me. Here's some info about the cards. Click any of the pictures to be taken to Etsy where you can find more info about them.

 Congrats Card - You are the best



I think this card is amazing and perfect for spring and summer (really any season but especially those two). It's so versatile too. It would be great as a congratulations card or even as an encouragement card. How could someone not feel appreciated or like they really are the best when they receive this card?

Feel better soon - Get Well Card



This card is so bright and cheery it would be hard not to feel better after receiving it. Who wants a dim, dull card when they're feeling under the weather? No one I know! I love that the fun circle/dot patterned paper was so easy to match with great accent colors. They really pop and the gems add a touch of sparkle.

Happy Birthday - orange and pink


Orange and pink is a big color combination again this year and this is a great way to keep on trend even with your stationary. This particular card is fairly duo-chromatic with just a few touches of black and red. The red cherry gem on top of the cupcake adds a great touch of sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment