With A Side of Jess: May 2012 Birchbox - Gossip Girl Theme

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 2012 Birchbox - Gossip Girl Theme

I was so excited to get my very first Birchbox this month! After reading all the hype and being jealous as friends posted pics and Tweets about the goodies they've gotten in the past, I was so ready to get my own little goodie box.


 I wasn't disappointed either!

According to the card that came with it, my box was themed for a "chic Sunday brunch."

So what's in the box?

  • Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm
  • Color Club Nail Polish in Disco Nap
  • Dr. Jart + Waterfuse BB Cream
  • Ojon Volume Advance Volumizing Shampoo
  • Notecard

First thoughts/opinions?


Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm - I'm not even 30 yet (it's close but I'm not there yet) and the wrinkles and dark circles under my eyes must make me look 45 some days so needless to say, I was extremely excited to see this in the box. It says to use twice a day and that you only need a pea sized amount, so hopefully this little jar lasts a long time. I was also pleased to see that the sample is 7 ml and the full size is 15 ml. So this sample is just shy of half the size of the full size. Impressive. Full size, $65

Color Club Nail Polish in Disco Nap - I already have a metallic silver polish (not from this brand) and it's hard to work with, so I was a bit disappointed to see this gold one. I haven't tried it out yet so I can't speak to its ease or difficulty. Also, after looking at the Birchbox website and seeing there is a pink color as well, I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get pink instead. I don't even know if pink was being sent in this month's boxes or not, but if it was, I would have wanted that instead. Full size, $8

Dr. Jart + Waterfuse BB Cream - I was also very excited to see this in the box so I went to try it out right away. I ended up very disappointed in this product, mostly because I don't feel I could try it out properly. I squeezed and squeeze and squeezed the tube again only to have a teeny, tiny amount finally come out of the tube. The product itself seemed pretty good, however I was barely able to get enough out of the tube for one application, let alone a second so I could form a better opinion. There seemed to be very little product in the tube and apparently what WAS in there was wedged somewhere near the top and was refusing to come out. Full size, $32

Ojon Volume Advance Volumizing Shampoo - The last thing I need right now is a volumizing shampoo. My hair is a ball of frizz at the moment. However, my mom would probably love this shampoo so I'll likely be passing this sample off to her. I do seem to remember thinking it smelled pretty good, though due to a stuffy nose my sniffer is a bit off. Full size, $22

Notecard - It's cute, but if you read my blog on any sort of normal basis, you'll know that I make my own cards so I don't have much use for this one. Also, I'm not sure that I would be willing to pay so much for printed, mass produced notecards. I'll probably use this to send randomly to a friend. Set of 12, $10

No comments:

Post a Comment