With A Side of Jess: Junkin' for Gems...An Intro

Friday, May 4, 2012

Junkin' for Gems...An Intro

It's the first weekend in May and garage sale season is upon us! This excites me more than I care to admit. If you couldn't tell already, I LOVE a good deal and good deals are usually to be found at garage sales.

My mom and I usually hit up a few garage sales each summer. It's a hobby of sorts we picked up together when we were planning my wedding. It's amazing the things people are getting rid of and for cheap! But I digress.

I thought it would be fun this summer to play a game of sorts with garage sales. I'm in the process of compiling a list of things I'd like to buy this summer - from craft supplies to random house decor items - as well as putting together a budget for these items. My goal will be to purchase as much of my list for as cheaply as possible.

I won't be going to garage sales every weekend, but it's my goal to do a shop and tell of sorts each time I do so that you can see what I was able to get and how much I spent. Hopefully you'll keep track and play along all summer to see what good deals I can score and hopefully share yours as well.

As I said before, I'm in the process of putting together a list of "must find" as well as a budget. I'm aiming for 25 - 50 items and will then figure out a budget for the summer. I'll be posting the master list and budget within the next few days.

You'll find all the information about this in a link at the top of my page.

ETA: The master list and budget is now up and you can find it here (also by clicking the Junkin' for Gems  tab at the top of the page)

Will you play along?

No comments:

Post a Comment