With A Side of Jess: Shop and Tell vs. Haul

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shop and Tell vs. Haul

I've been watching Youtube videos for quite a while now and have seen many a haul and many a shop and tell. For some, there may not seem to be a difference, but in my eyes there is. Sometimes a video is called a haul when it should really be a shop and tell and sometimes the opposite is true. So what's the difference?

To me, a shop and tell is an opportunity to show and tell about all the amazing deals you got. Big name scrapbooking supplies for mere pennies? Ah-maze-ing! Shout to the world about your amazing find and tell everyone how they might be able to score the same or similar stuff. To me, this doesn't necessarily apply to any one category. All categories could have a shop and tell. Designer jeans on sale for 75% off? Again, shout to the world and let fellow money savers find great deals.

A haul, to me, is more about showing what you've gotten regardless of whether or not it was a deal of any kind. Bought the newest pair of big label shoes and they cost you $250? Didn't have a great coupon or find them on a super sale somewhere? They belong in a haul.

So that to me is the difference between a shop and tell and a haul. I am in no way saying that I don't enjoy hauls or that I enjoy shop and tells more than I enjoy hauls, I am just trying to make a distinction, at least for the purposes of my blog/Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment