With A Side of Jess: March 2013 Ispy/Glam Bag

Friday, March 15, 2013

March 2013 Ispy/Glam Bag

This month's theme, as you may be able to tell by peeks of the bag through all that product up there, is The Great Escape. The bag features products that are promised to be good for "getting gorgeous on-the-go."



The bag itself this month feels a bit like nylon (perhaps it is, fabric was never my strong suit) and reminds me of parachute material. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. I feel like the material would be easier than some others to wipe clean if you get something on it and might also wash well if it came to that. I think I said this about last month's bag but it never happened, but I think I'll be filling this with overnight essentials and tossing it in my overnight bag for work so I can maybe start to take better care of my skin when I have to do overnights at work.

La Fresh Travel-Lite Makeup Remover Wipes

Full size - $1.99 : Sample is full size

I think I might toss these in my overnight bag for work. I don't typically wear makeup to work if I'm doing an overnight but I think they would be great for doing a quick wash of sorts before I go to bed and/or when I wake up in the morning. I don't always have time to do that, especially in the mornings.

Glam RX Mini Freestyle Palette

Full size (est. value*) - $10 : Sample is full size

*I estimate the value at $10 because this particular palette was made exclusively for Ipsy and is not currently available anywhere. A similar palette is available for $16.50 but it comes with other makeup products included.

I think this is a pretty great idea! I love that this is a mini palette so it's perfect for taking in a purse or overnight bag. It's also great for storing smaller pans, such as samples, that might otherwise get lost in larger palettes.

Yaby Eyeshadow Refills - Sand Dune & So Vein

 Full size - $3.29 : Sample - $6.58

I love, love the Sand Dune sample and I'm really not sure about So Vein. As I've said a million times and I'll repeat again in case you're new here, I'm a neutrals kind of girl. I'd be lying if I said So Vein didn't scare me. It might go in my "Things I'll never use" bin for a later date or a friend. I did like the consistency of both shadows and the pigmentation did seem great also.

Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist

Full size - $22 : Sample - $3.26

This is probably another product that will make its way into my overnight bag. I think this would be a great addition to my mornings since, as I stated earlier, I don't usually have time for much more than changing clothes on the mornings after I work an overnight. I'm not necessarily fond of the scent, which smells like rose to me, but I'm hoping that doesn't stick around long once applied.

Bag total: $19.84

No comments:

Post a Comment