With A Side of Jess: Is it really almost Christmas?

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Is it really almost Christmas?

The last few weeks have both drug and flown by at the same time. I can't believe we're nearing the home stretch to Christmas and I haven't even started my cards. That might be something I get to tonight.

Since the weekend before Thanksgiving I've been pretty well laid up with a leg injury. I went to my family doctor who said I had a Baker's cyst. After a week I was still in a lot of pain and of course the doctor was out for Thanksgiving vacation, so I ended up at the ER. The doctor there diagnosed me with phlebitis (an inflammation of a vein, mine happens to be in my leg) and told me to follow up with my regular doctor in a few days. I did that this week and he gave me a water pill to get rid of the swelling in my leg.

I'm going to be honest here. I kind of don't feel like either diagnosis is the correct one, but I'm kind of done with testing and blood work and such. It feels, to me, the one feeling the pain, like a pulled muscle of sorts. I believe that I did initially have a Baker's cyst, but I'm not so sure about the phlebitis.

As of today I'm feeling pretty good. The pain is no where near what it was and it actually feels better to move around and stretch things out a little (hence why I think muscular problem). Once the swelling goes down even more I think I'll feel nearly as good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment