With A Side of Jess: It's been a while again

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's been a while again

It's been a while since I've done a blog post, 10 days to be exact, so a while but not a long time. I really like to write more, but just haven't had the energy lately. You see, I've been sick since shortly before Thanksgiving.

It started with just a headache and slowly that sometimes headache went to an all the time headache and I had a whole host of other health difficulties thrown in there for good measure. I ended up at the doctor a week ago and he basically thought I had "the crud" and a sinus infection. Thus I got an antibiotic. I kind of hate meds of all kinds, but especially I hate antibiotics. They always upset my stomach any more.

So anyhow, it's a week later and tonight I take the last of my antibiotic so you'd think I'd be feeling better. I am mostly, but not completely. I'm still running a low grade fever (in the 99s mostly but sometimes creeping up just over 100) and I just feel blah in general. I don't have too many specific symptoms I can put a finger on anymore, just the general not well feeling. I think I'll give things a few more days and see how they go before calling back to see if I need to be seen again and/or another round of antibiotics. You'd think though that if this was some sort of bacterial infection the antibiotics would be helping more. I'm leaning toward some type of virus, which an antibiotic won't help anyhow.

Yep that's pretty much been my life for the last few weeks. It takes all of my energy to get out of bed, play stupid Facebook games, sometimes nap and cook dinner. By 9 or so I'm exhausted. Also I ended up giving it to my mom. She's on the same antibiotics as I am, but she got hers about 2 weeks sooner into her illness than I did. Hopefully hers doesn't hang on as long.

No comments:

Post a Comment