With A Side of Jess: Thanksgiving 2011 911

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 911

Yes, we haven't even had a full week of November yet and I'm already planning one very specific meal I will eat in about 3 weeks. I'm a firm believer in planning ahead. PLUS, we always cook for about 40 and rarely, if ever, have fed more than 10 at once. We can't help cooking so much, the leftovers are just too yummy!


So our typical menu is as follows:

Meats
Turkey
Italian meatballs

Sides
Cole slaw
Green beans
Corn
Dressing (we don't stuff the bird with it)
Mashed potatoes
Gravy

Breads
Savory Parmesan bites (recipe here thanks to KraftFoods.com)
Regular dinner rolls or homemade bread

Desserts
Various pies, but always pumpkin at least
Watergate salad
"Grandma cookies" - cookies my Mexican grandma always made at holiday time
Cherry delight

So my question to you my foodie friends is what can I add to the menu this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment