With A Side of Jess: Thinking of You - Mojo Monday 221

Friday, December 30, 2011

Thinking of You - Mojo Monday 221

I wasn't planning on posting any more in 2011, but I just HAD to get this up and show you.

Here's the latest Mojo Monday sketch.


I chose to do the square as I knew it would still let me use a regular A2 envelope.

Card available for purchase by clicking picture above
I started with a 4x5.5" white card base from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) and trimmed it to be a 4x4 square.

The background paper is "Floral Mix on Black" also from The Paper Studio and it was cut to 3.75x3.75" so it left a very thin white border showing.


The middle is a random scrap of green paper I had laying around, trimmed to 3x3". When I added it to the card it covered up most of the green parts of the background paper that it matched. Oh well! I then used a "Thinking of You" sentiment stamp and green ink.

The ribbon across the top is double sided satin ribbon that I got from Walmart years ago for some other project I was working on.


To make the flower, I used my Cricut to cut 3 of the same flower in 3 different sizes. I started with the largest being about 2". The others went down 1/4 inch for each layer (making them 1.75" and 1.5" each). I used red ink on the edges to give each layer a little more definition, but it wasn't really necessary. I used dimensional adhesive between each of the layers. An acrylic rhinestone finished up the middle of the flower.

I thought it turned out pretty good for an off the cuff, flying by the seat of my pants kind of card. I decided on a layout and within half an hour or so had a finished card. The hardest parts by far were finding things that matched.


What will you make with this layout?

No comments:

Post a Comment