With A Side of Jess: June 2012 Birchbox

Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 2012 Birchbox

The June 2012 Birchbox was my second and I'm so excited to try everything out!


Cynthia Rowley Band-Aids
I was so excited when I saw these in my box. Thankfully I don't tend to need Band-Aids too much, but for when I do these will be super cute. I'm interested to see how well they stick though because I've noticed that sometimes the more decorative ones don't always stick as well as the plain ones. Not sure why that is, just an observation I've made over the years.


 Melvita Floral Water
This is supposed to be used to refresh your face in the middle of the day or as a gentle toner when cleansing your face. It smells amazing. I love the smell of roses and don't think this smells too much. I'm excited to use it and see what it can do for my skin.


Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream
This is probably the one thing in the whole box I was not all too excited to see. The sample is tiny and the cream is a funky yellowish color. Since I'm not so excited about it, I guess I don't have that much to say about it right now. Hopefully I have more to say once I try it.


Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
This was another thing I was very excited to see. I already have the Eyeko Skinny Mascara, which I love, so I was happy to see this. It's a liquid liner though, which I'm a bit nervous about. I do have one random liquid liner already and I haven't used it too much because I'm kind of intimidated by it. I might have to YouTube some videos for some pointers.


theBalm cosmetics Stainiac
I think this may have been included in everyone's box, but I'm not sure. It was in at least 4 people's boxes that I know of even though other items were different. You can use this as either a cheek stain or a lip stain. I'm not sure which I would use it most for so I'll have to play around with it a bit.


I also received a cologne sample and I gave that to my husband. It smells really good, but I don't remember what kind it was.

Did you get a Birchbox? What was in your box?

2 comments:

  1. aaah I love the Stainiac I actually purchased the full sized product the next day. I use it for both my cheeks and lips, and it works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Stainiac on my lips but not so much on my cheeks. I'm either applying it wrong or my natural flush doesn't let it show very much. I'll have to play around with it more.

      Delete