With A Side of Jess: Summer 2012 Target Beauty Bag

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summer 2012 Target Beauty Bag

If you missed my post about the Spring bag, check it out here.

I was so excited to see that Target was giving away their Summer beauty bags on Facebook several weeks ago. I really enjoyed getting the Spring bag and couldn't wait for this one to arrive. I'll be posting pics of everything in the bag as well as first impressions if I have any. Reviews of the products to come if/when I use them.


The bag this time is more of a canvas feeling material, which I can't decide if I like more or less than the more satiny feel of the spring bag. I guess I'll just say that it's different.

Aveeno Living Color Color Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner


This is actually not the first sample of this I've received. However, I somehow haven't tried it yet. I don't have color treated hair at this point in time, though I've considered coloring it for some time now, and even when I have colored my hair in some way, I honestly don't go out of my way to use hair products for color treated hair. Oh the horror I know, but I dye my hair with the boxed stuff you can buy on the cheap at Walmart or a drug store. It's not like I spent a lot to color my hair and when I am in a hair coloring funk, I tend to change it up every time I do it.

Garnier Fructis Color Shield Shampoo and Conditioner


Again, another shampoo and conditioner sample for color treated hair. And again, I'll probably get around to trying it sooner or later but since it's not really something for my hair type it's not something I'll jump right into trying.

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter - Peach Parfait


I already own the full size of this so I'll be passing this sample along to someone else. I LOVE it. The color is amazing and I like the feel of the product. If you want to see more of my thoughts on this color and a few others, check it out here.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 70


I love a good sunscreen and even more I love the dry feeling kind. When I'm going to be outside for more than 5 minutes in the summer I have to put some on my face and the dry feeling kind is so much nicer. It doesn't make me feel so slick and gross when I'm out for too long.

Tresemme Split Remedy Shampoo


Now THIS is a shampoo sample I'm excited to try. I really don't believe the hype that shampoo or conditioner can fix split ends once they happen, but since my hair is several weeks past due for a trim/cut I'm willing to try it out.

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this bag, I am not a huge fan of the non bottle shampoo/conditioner samples but I did really like the Aveeno samples. I also really enjoyed the Revlon color burst lip gloss, I actually have it on now. I need to invest in the full sized product!! I love that you turned me on to all of these awesome bags/giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own 3 shades of the Lip Butters and they're all pretty good. I want to get more eventually but I really have a ton of lip products right now. I'll keep you updated on any new beauty stuff I find out about!

      Delete