With A Side of Jess: Philadelphia Indulgence Review - Foodie Friday

Friday, March 2, 2012

Philadelphia Indulgence Review - Foodie Friday

Let me start this by saying that this is not sponsored in any way. Kraft/Philadelphia doesn't even know I'm writing a blog post about it. I (ok well my mom) purchased this with my/her own money at our local grocery store. We also used a coupon in case you're wondering.

And now on with the show!


I love chocolate. I love cream cheese. What better idea to smash them together and eat them as one, right?

Sort of.


I first tried Philadelphia Indulgence, the milk chocolate kind, with some strawberries because I was craving some chocolate covered strawberries. I was surprised at first by the bit of tang to the chocolate. Then I remembered it was made my Philly and the tang was from the cream cheese.

It's not as sweet as I really like my chocolate things to be, but it's still pretty good. It's sweet enough to take the edge off a sweet craving, but for me, it's not quite good enough to make it go away completely.

The consistency reminded me a bit of a whipped cream cheese. It's much, much softer than a block of it, but just about the same as a tub of the whipped stuff. It's a bit more airy and light in texture than regular cream cheese in a tub. After you mix it up a bit, it gets to the consistency of a thick caramel I think. It gets very spreadable and soft.

So what is it good for? So far I've only tried it with strawberries, but I think it makes a great afternoon snack. It would also be great with pretzels and any other fruits you like with chocolate.

It's only 110 calories per 2 tablespoon serving, which isn't too bad. I can see how it would be easy to eat the entire tub in one sitting but the key is to serve it on another plate or in a bowl.

I'd love to try the white chocolate flavor and see how that tastes since white chocolate has such a different flavor.

It cost $2.99 (not on sale) at my local grocery store and we had a coupon for $1.50 off. Great deal! I'm not sure I would buy it if it wasn't on sale, but honestly there isn't too much I do buy that isn't on sale.

Overall grade: A


Have you tried the milk chocolate flavor? Tried another flavor? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment