With A Side of Jess: Foodie Friday - Keurig 2.0 Review

Friday, October 24, 2014

Foodie Friday - Keurig 2.0 Review


When I found out I was going to receive a Keurig 2.0 complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes I was super excited. Not long before I had mentioned to a friend that I really wanted a Keurig, but I wasn't sure I could justify the price at this time. The Influenster Gods must have had their ears open when I was talking.
In case you haven't heard what makes the Keurig 2.0 different from the other brewers I'll give you a quick overview:


  • You can brew a 4-5 cup carafe in addition to brewing single cups
  • 60-80oz water reservoir depending on which version you have
  • Touch display
  • You can choose to brew stronger than normal
  • Up to 6oz hot water on demand

 The biggest change, as far as I'm concerned is the ability to brew both single cups and a multiple cup carafe. For those who like to drink more than one cup, but don't necessarily drink enough for a 10+ cup coffee maker, this is a huge bonus.

On the flip side, the biggest downfall is that the inserts that allow you to brew using your own coffee aren't compatible with the Keurig 2.0. To be quite honest, this was the most disappointing part. I was really looking forward to being able to use my own coffee to brew a cup, or possibly even a carafe, in instances where I ran out of K-cups or just whenever I wanted. From what I've seen in reviews of this version, this is one of the biggest complaints that everyone has. 

I really hope that in the future Keurig rethinks the decision to not make an adapter that will allow users to brew their own coffee. 

Another downfall is that because they have redesigned their K-Cups to include brewing instructions for the Keurig 2.0, you are unable to use off brand or generic K-Cups in it. They must be Keurig brand cups or have the Keurig logo on them.

There have been days I've brewed an entire carafe for myself. My favorite flavor in both K-cup and carafe form is The Original Donut Shop. Coming in a close second is the Nantucket Blend.

I'm excited to try many more varieties, including some of the iced options. So far I've tried the Southern Sweet Tea, which is pretty good, though not quite sweet enough. 



What are your favorite K-Cup varieties? Do you have a Keurig 2.0? What are your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment